14 November, 2009

Bangalore Book Festival-2009

A single visit to my regular book store-Blossoms,takes me atleast 3 hours. Today,after missing it the last two times,I made it to the amazing Bangalore Book Festival.


390 stalls,with around 160 for English,80 for Kannada,and rest for regional languages. It was as expected-Overwhelming.I had decided before hand to purchase few good Kannada titles this time.As,getting Kannada titles during regular times is tough.The best stall was by LeftWord,with Karl Marx,Bhagat Singh,Einstien, Che Guvera,Fidel Castro,and other powerful Leftists. It was the peak of Red :)
Unfortunate though,by the time I reached this stall I was on reserve funds :(


The books I bought this time are of varied genres. Nevertheless,will make a real good reading treat. I have sufficient books accumulated from my today's and last month's purchases to last an year!

These are the titles I bought today:
1.ಯಾವುದೂ* ಸಣ್ಣದಲ್ಲ - ಜಿ. ಎಸ್. ಎಸ್, ಕನ್ನಡ ಸಂಸ್ಕೃತಿಯ ಸುದೀರ್ಘ ಇತಿಹಾಸದ ಲೇಖನೆಗಳು
2. ಸ್ವಾಮಿ ವಿವೇಕಾನಂದ - ಕುವೆಂಪು-ರವರ ದ್ರಿಷ್ಟಿಯಲ್ಲಿ
3. ಬಸವಣ್ಣನವರ ವಚನ ಸಂಗ್ರಹ
4.Swami Vivekananda on Himself-Writings about himself,Something like an Autobiography
5. Valhalla Rising-Clive Cussler
6. Shock Wave-Clive Cussler;My favourite writer-character combination-Clive Cussler and Dirk Pitt :)
7. Pride and Prejudice-Jane Austen;Have been missing out this one for long time,but will read it this season :)
8.The 3 mistakes of my Life-Chetan Bhagat,for my sis

My current read though is Hegemony or Survival by Noam Chomsky.

*yaavudoo-a font error

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails