02 August, 2010

Position and/or responsibility

Every individual acts according to his/her relative status in the society. By which, I intend to bring out the integral interdependence between an individual's actions and the role he/she is performing in the society.

For example, I have had to inculcate certain extra traits in myself, which were demanded of me, because I am perceived to be 'Me' in the world. This is not artificiality, but I call it 'response to external stimulus'. Within my own realms of interaction with the rest of you, I am someone who is a fusion of my personal aspirations and external inspirations. When I respond to the 'positive' external influences, it could be attributed of me, as being responsible ( able to respond).

Now, this being the case, each of us are expected to grow with ascending positions we are being placed in the framework of the society. For, not always we are ready to be the ones, who we are expected to be. But, this isn't the problem, the problem is when we are reluctant and do not grow even after having ascended in the social ladder.

So, let me come to the point: "People need to be more responsible in being responsive, with their ascensions in the social ladder". As we all, well have a role to play at every level. But, by being less responsible, we could contaminate and even go on to topple the system dependent on us.

For instance, even if I were the President of India, the ideas I profess and preach must be verified to be pragmatic and sensible. For, idealism works well only in literature. While dealing with real people, real solutions to real problems is what is required. I cannot go on to build a palace out of smoke, even though it might be beautiful at that instant!

PS: Recently, in a programme organised by my employing company, former President of India Dr.APJ Abul Kalam happened to give the Chief Guest speech, stressing on the need for more innovation and inventions in India from 'wider sections' of people.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails