09 August, 2010

The Travel Teacher...

Historically, Travels have been rightfully attributed to have imparted great experiences, which culminated into life changing enlightenments to people who have looked for something beyond their usual routine.

Gautam Buddha, Swami Vivekananda,Gandhiji, Che Guevara, and numerous other mavericks who have arisen in the world have been uncovered by the process of their voyages, and the mind boggling experiences each of them had had during their journeys.

Journeys of the few common people on the roads less traveled have made them great, and more importantly given the world some indispensable role models applicable at various strata of the society.

The Voyage beckoning...

During my latest trip to Pune, the first thing which flashed in my mind after looking at the tall and lush greenery was : "I should be on the top of that green mountain, at least for a week with no contact with the rest of you, with just me and me", like in the movie "Into the Wild". It is so natural to have such a feeling,and I might soon enter such a hibernation just to reclaim the lost self in me... Not to be confused with me as being a recluse, or a hermit, but just an aesthetic.

This inherent character of travels, which beckons at each of us, to instigate such a process of introspection happens to everyone, but the ones who take up this call wisely are the ones who benefit the most from it, and are the best students of the teacher called "Travel".

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails